KTH Longterm Dataset Labels
This dataset contains a subset of observations from this dataset - 88 observations acquired at WayPoint16. Each observation consists of a set of 17 RGB-D images (originally 51, however this dataset only contains the RGB-D clouds corresponding to a single height value of the PTU) obtained by moving the pan-tilt in a horizontal pattern, in increments of 20 degrees. In addition to the raw sensor data, each observation contains object annotations (masks and labels). The data is a part of the Strands EU FP7 project.
|KTH Scitos G5 robot - Rosie|
The data is structured in folders as follows: YYYYMMDD/patrol_run_YYY/room_ZZZ , where:
Each folder of the type YYYMMDD/patrol_run_YYY/room_ZZZ contains the following files:
- YYYYMMDD represents the year, month & day when those particular observations were acquired. Each such folder contains the patrol runs the robot collected on that specific date.
- patrol_run_YYY represents one of the patrol runs collected by the robot.
- room_ZZZ represents a particular observation collected during a patrol run.
The description of the room.xml file accompanying an observation can be found here.
- room.xml - contains information relevant for the observation (described in the next section)
- complete_cloud.pcd - the point cloud of the observation (obtained by merging the individual point clouds together)
- intermediate_cloudXXXX.pcd - ordered point clouds, each corresponding to an RGB and depth image acquired by the camera while conducting the sweep (17 such point clouds for each observation, with XXXX going from 0000 to 0016)
- rgb_XXXX.jpg - RGB image generated from the corresponding intermediate_cloudXXXX.pcd
- depth_XXXX.png - depth image generated from the corresponding intermediate_cloudXXXX.pcd
- rgb_XXXX_label_#.jpg - binary mask corresponding to one of the objects annotated in the image rgb_XXXX.jpg
- rgb_XXXX_label_#.pcd - point cloud generated from object mask rgb_XXXX_label_#.jpg
- rgb_XXXX_label_#.txt - object label corresponding to annotation rgb_XXXX_label_#.jpg
- rgb_XXXX_label_#.xml - xml file storing the labelled object data (created with data from rgb_XXXX_label_#.pcd , rgb_XXXX_label_#.txt )
- rgb_XXXX_object_#.jpg - rgb mask corresponding to one of the objects annotated in the image rgb_XXXX.jpg
Each object xml file ( rgb_XXXX_label_#.xml) contains the following data:
- label - object label
- filename - object pcd file
- Centroid - object centroid, in the map frame
- LogTime - time when the object was observed
A parser is provided here (can be installed with
sudo apt-get install ros-indigo-metaroom-xml-parser) which reads in the data and returns C++ data structures encapsulating the low-level data from the disk. Form more information please refer to the parser README ( or here for a list of supported methods). Information about how to use the Strands package repository can be found here.
Assuming the parser has been installed, the labelled data can be visualized with the following sample application:
rosrun metaroom_xml_parser load_labelled_data /path/to/data WayPoint16
This loads all the observations along with the labelled data from the path specified and displays each observation along with the corresponding labelled objects in a visualizer window.
|Observation (red) with labelled objects (RGB)|
For more information on the labelling tool used, please refer to this page.
This dataset is available for download in a single archive file (~ 15 GB).
As an alternative, the individual folders and files can be obtained from here, and would have to be downloaded manually.
Condition of use
If you use the dataset for your research, please cite our paper that describes it:
We attached a bibtex record for your convenience.
Unsupervised learning of spatial-temporal models of objects in a long-term autonomy scenario
Ambrus, Rares and Ekekrantz, Johan and Folkesson, John and Jensfelt, Patric
Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2015 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on